Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pushing and Shoving a New wave of guilt

I had a sort of rough day at school today. Well, nothing to do with school really. I sat with Erin again for a little while, but she left after she had something to eat and went and sat with her friends on the Landing- another section of the school, inside with tables and chairs. After school Elle caught me going to my car. She was talking some lot of nonsense at me for a bit until I just turned to her and asked her what she wanted. Then she starts rambling off a list of things at my house that were hers. Like CD’s and books and she even mentioned a stupid pen she wanted back. I didn’t even flinch. I just said ‘fine.’ And then she started talking about Erin. She called her some names- really nasty, hateful ones and asked why I was seeing her. If I was just seeing her because I could have sex with her, or what?

Then I stopped and just looked at her.
I had to remember that I wanted to get back with this girl, and if I open my mouth, it will probably make things worse. But she just kept nipping and snapping. She was like a palmaranian at the ankles- growling and biting.

Then I told her not to call Erin those names again, cause she’s not like that- and that I sure wasn’t seeing her (elle) because of sex, so why should I be seeing Erin because of sex? She kind of got upset. Then she said- 'You didn’t have to have sex with her. If you did, then you didn’t have to let everyone know about it.' Then she started to piss me off. I opened up the car and reached in and got two CD’s of hers that I knew was still in the car. And I told her- 'Well, you didn’t have to break up with me, and if you did, you didn’t have to let everyone know about it.'

She was nashing her teeth at me. And said- 'I just wanted a little space.' and without hesitation I said to her- 'well, I'm giving you some.'
About then Barry is coming over and I can see him coming in the corner of my eye. I put the CDs out there for her to take, but she just slaps my hand up and the CD’s crash on the hood of the car, making me really mad. So, I’m like- What did you do that for? And it was kind of loud. And Barry shoves me into the car and goes- what the hell is your problem! And I’d had just about enough of him, so I turn to him and shove him back and say to him –back off, Barry! Then Joey is there with his hands up, getting between us, telling me to calm down, relax- like I did something wrong. And Barry is on the other side of him, pointing his finger at me and ranting about why do I have to be such a little “%&*!” I could tell things were going to get worse, so I just got in the car and closed the door and let them carry on, and slowly move away from me.

Then Joey comes around and gets into the car and closes the door and he’s just sitting there, and we’re not saying anything. Then he looks over and says- what would make you throw these at Elle? And he hands me back the CDs. I couldn’t even take them. I just shook my head. I couldn’t even try to explain, I just kept seeing Barry in my mind. Barry who was my friend last week. And the same Barry that was urging me to go off with Erin that night at the lake. I couldn’t understand it, why he was turning against me. I felt this incredible weight on my shoulders.

No comments: