This has to have been like the worse day of my life.
I can’t imagine things being worse than they were today. I mean, how much has to go wrong for one person in like the space of a week. Not to mention getting up late today, only to discover there’s something wrong with the car and having to bum a ride to school from H, who was already in a bad mood and rushing himself. But then getting through the day, sort of laying low after word had gotten around about me and Elle breaking up. Everyone asking me what was wrong, what happened and all this. And then the guys picking on me for me disappearing all night with Erin. Then facing Erin and trying not to make a big scene, knowing word spreading like wild fire about us over the weekend.
On lunch hour, I had to chase Elle out of school today cause she wouldn’t look at me or talk to me or even acknowledge me at all. One of her friends was giving her a ride and she finally had to stop because Keri hadn’t gotten to the car yet to let her in. And I just asked her to talk to me over and over and she just looked at me and said "she wasn’t talking to me". That I’m a dog. And that I make her sick.
Finally Keri shows up to let her in and then she just unleashed a tirade on me- calling me every name under the sun- words I never heard her use before ever. Like how could I "fxxx Erin", she was her friend. Every time she said something, I could only say I was sorry before she let out another outburst of swearing and finger pointing. With half the school outside watching, I thought I was going to burst into flames or something, with all the eyes burning holes through me. She threw her English book at me. She was raging mad. And there was nothing I could do, but step back and let her go her own way.
The whole afternoon I felt like people were staring at me. Whispering behind my back. And a few of Elle’s friends even called me names in the hall. It was horrible. Then to top it all off… the last hour of the day as I’m going to class, there’s all this commotion in the hall and Joey grabs me and shoves me down the hall- sort of playful, like he does and all I can see is my A+P teacher grabbing Elle by the shoulders from behind and a Chemistry teacher holding Erin on the other side of the hall. And Elle is scrappy and swearing and Erin’s crying and papers and stuff were all over the floor and everybody is looking and the teachers are shooing people away and they hauled them off and all I could say was "what happened? What happened?" Then as Elle was going by me, she smacks me in the face and she’s looking at me like she could murder me where I stood. And Erin has this big red mark on her face and her hair is scrambled. And I was following them a little ways down the hall asking what happened, the teachers just told me to get to class.
So, I was sitting there in class, nervous and my mouth just dry and I felt sick and shaky. Then about ten minutes into class a proctor comes with a note for me to go to see the principal.
Erin is so quiet and shy and Elle is so- classy and as it was told to me, Elle said something to Erin, and Erin said something back, and they were walking away from each other when Elle grabbed Erin by the hair and started flinging her back and forth and they just started fighting. The principle called me to his office to say what happened, but I never saw anything so I just sat there while he explained it to me and wanted to know what I knew about it.
They’re both suspended and Elle has been taken off the roster for Prom queen.
I screwed up big time. I’m really ashamed of what I’ve done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment