Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A different kind of girl?

H and my Dad got into it last night. I stayed in my room, but I could hear everything. H brought this girl by about 8, and my parents were nice until she left. She’s black. I thought she was gorgeous, but I like black girls- I mean, I like all kinds of girls too- Asian girls, Pakistani girls, Indian girls, I like black ones, white ones, tan ones, mixed ones. Our parents never taught us to dislike anybody, so I like everybody. And H has been seeing this girl a few weeks now and never mentioned to anybody that she wasn’t from around here. He told me he met her off the internet but not to tell the parents that. She was only here for like ten minutes, and my parents were really nice to her face, but as soon as she was gone, my Dad started asking about her and what she does and where she’s from and where they met and why is he dating her. Then he immediately started on him about school. My Dad has been pushing him for six months to enroll on the community college, but H hasn’t bothered yet. H is working long hours and saving his money. He pays my parents like $200 a month, but I know that my mom's saying she’s taking it, but she’s putting it into an account for him for later. Then my father jumped right on him about his house chores not getting done, even though I do most of his chores myself. Which is mostly the yard work and taking out the trash. Then he starts that talk about ‘my house, my rules’. It got loud for about half an hour and ended with the front door slamming and H leaving in the truck.

He didn’t come back at all last night and my mom and dad sort of bickered at each other all night about him. Havind dinner with them two and no H was like sitting between Hitler and Roosevelt for an hour. English may not havee been useful, but the mood said enough.

He’s never stayed out all night, I mean, out where no one could reach him and even I was worried a little for a while. But he’s a big boy, he can look after himself, but that was kind of extreme for him.
I don’t know if it’s as obvious to them as it was for me, but my Dad was pretty upset about that girl coming over and there probably wouldn’t have been a fight if she wasn’t there. She was really pretty though. She had a great body and a nice voice and if H is doing anything with her, I hope he tells me what she’s like. I could see being with her. Is that a bad thing to say? I mean, I wouldn’t try it, I’m just saying that I would love to be with a different kind of girl than what I’m used to.

No comments: